[SOLVED] Power button doesn't work.

ofekl

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
Suddenly my computer won't turn on. The mobo RGB lights are working but the power button isn't. I tried connecting the power pins with a screwdriver but nothing happens. The reset switch doesn't do anything as well.

Edit: screwdriver works, I put it in the wrong pins the first time

Last edited:
Solution
After i switched, reset button turns on the pc, power button doesn't do anything.

Then we can conclude that the power switch/power switch cable are malfunctioning. Most common cause of that is water damage, did someone spill something on it? Anyway to fix that you can order a new power button from NZXT if it is still available. It should be a small PCB with a switch on top of the case and with the power cable that goes to the motherboard attached to it. It is easy to switch it on this case. Unfortunately NZXT does not offer spare parts on their web site like Cooler Master does so I guess if you want to get a new power/reset switch from them you have to contact their support and see if they can ship one to you.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
After i switched, reset button turns on the pc, power button doesn't do anything.

Then we can conclude that the power switch/power switch cable are malfunctioning. Most common cause of that is water damage, did someone spill something on it? Anyway to fix that you can order a new power button from NZXT if it is still available. It should be a small PCB with a switch on top of the case and with the power cable that goes to the motherboard attached to it. It is easy to switch it on this case. Unfortunately NZXT does not offer spare parts on their web site like Cooler Master does so I guess if you want to get a new power/reset switch from them you have to contact their support and see if they can ship one to you.

Solution

ofekl

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
I don't think it's caused by water because nothing spilled on it .
I will contact support thank you !