[SOLVED] Power button needs to be pressed twice for pc to turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2022
As the title said, when I press the power button the first time, the cpu fan and the case fans will spin for 1 second then stop, I have to press the power button again for the machine to turn on properly and boot into win 10. The reason I believe this is a psu issue is because my old psu didn't have this problem, one press and it will work fine, the other components consume very little electricity so no, it's not that the psu is too weak . The psu with the problem is kenweiipc 1350w ( an old bitcoin mining psu). So is there anything I can do to fix it?

Last edited:
Solution
found the solution, my case isn't properly grounded, and the electricity somehow messed with the psu. Did some work, grounded the case properly and that fixed the problem. The PSU works perfectly fine.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would check the case switch and connections for the headers and well as all the power connectors just to make sure nothing is loose.

If your case has a reset switch, try putting its cable onto the power header and see if the issue persists.

Nov 8, 2022
I would check the case switch and connections for the headers and well as all the power connectors just to make sure nothing is loose.

If your case has a reset switch, try putting its cable onto the power header and see if the issue persists.
nah not that I switch the 2 psus in and out a few times, the problem only appears with the bitcoin psu

Nov 8, 2022
found the solution, my case isn't properly grounded, and the electricity somehow messed with the psu. Did some work, grounded the case properly and that fixed the problem. The PSU works perfectly fine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.