Question Power button sometimes blinks?

backdrop001

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Question guys. I recently got a new PC at costco was on sale. Its an ibuypower one and it works great for what I needed. My question is that sometimes when I boot the power button will continuously blink. Other times it doesn't I checked and I don't have it on sleep or hybernate and it works fine during the blinking but wanted to make sure it wasn't a symtpom of something else that i should be concerned about. If I reboot it doesn't blink at all so am scratching my head wondering about it.

also I use the mouse and keyboard and that doesn't stop the blinking before anyone suggests that lol.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Blinking LED near/at power button = HDD read LED. Or in other words, every time PC reads something from your OS drive, the LED blinks.

If you want to get rid of the blinking, you need to disconnect HDD LED wires from MoBo front I/O pins. Usually located on bottom-right corner of the MoBo.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
No its only every once in a while and happens at boot if I restart its solid no blinking
Make a simple test: locate the I/O pins on MoBo and pull out the HDD LED wires (2 wires). If the LED doesn't light up anymore, you know what it is. And you can keep it unplugged, if the blinking annoys you.

Btw, PC case in question is?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I still think what you're seeing is HDD LED. As of why it won't blink after sleep, best bet would be deep dive into holy bible of PCs (aka MoBo manual). And if yours is prebuilt, then 2nd option is to contact the brand who built it and ask them.
But i don't see anything wrong in that blinking.