Question Power cable 4-pin psu-motherboard.

Jun 22, 2019
Hi! I need a new power cable 4-pin for my ps4 pro (motherboard-psu) and i've found several cables on Ebay but most of them seem to only be compatible with the slim version. What's the difference, they look the same?

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks! Unfortunately i live in Sweden so that's like 30 bucks 😅 It seems then that i need a specific cable depending on modell. But when i take a closer look at my cable they all look the same in my opinion.

Pinouts for modular cables are not standardized on the end that connects to the PSU. You may find they all look the same, but then some destroy your PC.

There are only two good options: finding a cable that is explicitly compatible with current PSU or replacing the PSU.

Jun 22, 2019
Pinouts for modular cables are not standardized on the end that connects to the PSU. You may find they all look the same, but then some destroy your PC.

There are only two good options: finding a cable that is explicitly compatible with current PSU or replacing the PSU.
Thank you for the reply. My psu model is adp-300cr and most of the cables i've found are for different psus (adp-24xxx etc.) And i don't know if that cable needs to match the actual model of the ps4 aswell, which is cuh-7016b 😅

DSzymborski

Titan
Ah, I misread. I thought your PSU said it was a PS4, not that it was actually for a PlayStation 4. The extra references to your motherboard-psu were what confused me. If it fits and it's for a PS4, it should work. THis would have made more sense in the consumer electronics section; "power supplies" is generally referring to the actual power supplies that go into PCs and "four-pin" means something completely different.

Jun 22, 2019
Ah sorry man, my bad 😅 Swedes you know... anyway now that i got your attention, it's a "4-pin socket" (don't know the correct word) on the motherboard and the psu. So what i meant by PSU-Motherboard was the connecting cable between the components.