[SOLVED] Power connector for Grafik card

wodyfox

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
Hi.
I changed from a GTX970Ti to a GTX1080Ti. Now I need 2 x 8pin power connector. My PS has only 1 x 6+2pin and 1 x 6pin.
Is there a adapter possible?
The PS has 750W, don't know the manufacturer, got the PC from a friend. It is a ROG PC.
Thanks a lot
Peter

Solution
It is a LC6650GP3. So my friend gave wrong Info about power. Its only 650W. But should be enough for the GTX1080Ti?

After a quick search on that PSU it seems like it's low end PSU. Which mean that it won't be giving you close to that 650Watts. it's not 80+ certified bronze, gold or platinum either.
https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/haou-10-1c38.jpg

The 12V rails are kinda bad since the 1080ti can draw up up to close what your 12V rails are giving or more. You have a very small headroom which doesn't say much because we have no idea what kinda power that PSU is really giving you.

A 1080ti psu requirement is a 600-650Watts BUT of a good quality that can keep up with the demands of a 1080ti for years. I wouldn't use...
It is a LC6650GP3. So my friend gave wrong Info about power. Its only 650W. But should be enough for the GTX1080Ti?

After a quick search on that PSU it seems like it's low end PSU. Which mean that it won't be giving you close to that 650Watts. it's not 80+ certified bronze, gold or platinum either.
https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/haou-10-1c38.jpg

The 12V rails are kinda bad since the 1080ti can draw up up to close what your 12V rails are giving or more. You have a very small headroom which doesn't say much because we have no idea what kinda power that PSU is really giving you.

A 1080ti psu requirement is a 600-650Watts BUT of a good quality that can keep up with the demands of a 1080ti for years. I wouldn't use the PSU you're using right now. It should work with the PSU you have now but there is a good risk that in a few months or before or after that it just go poouuff and bring some of your hardware with it.

Last edited:
Solution