Power consumption of the Radeon R9 290 Can I run it?

Ninja_1

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
I have the corsair 750m PSU and The requirements for a radeon r9 290 I was hearing were 750 wat. I was wondering if I should steer clear of it because of this as my psu would need to power other stuff as well as the gpu namely the motherboard and hard drive (I removed the disk drive a while back because it was too hard to get the psu in when I replaced it and I don't use the disk drive anyway.) It has the amd Fx 8300 cpu (came stock with the pc) and I am unsure what motherboard it has but the motherboard came stock as well. The model # of the pc was the Asus M51BC originally. I changed the power supply to a corsair 750m when it died a little while back and I have also removed the disk drive. Other than that it is all like when I bought it.

Solution
The 750W recommendation for the Radeon R9 290 was including all your other stuff as well. The card itself isn't using anything near the 750W capacity of your power supply. You should be fine to plug in all your other hardware into that power supply along with your graphics card.

That said, if you are using an older modded PC you might run into severe bottlenecks, but that is a different topic from the power supply.
The 750W recommendation for the Radeon R9 290 was including all your other stuff as well. The card itself isn't using anything near the 750W capacity of your power supply. You should be fine to plug in all your other hardware into that power supply along with your graphics card.

That said, if you are using an older modded PC you might run into severe bottlenecks, but that is a different topic from the power supply.

Solution