Power cord replacement for a thinkpad t460

archaonn

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
Hello. I recently got a Lenovo thinkpad t460. The thing is, the power cord that connects to the power brick is a schunko that's not compatible with the type of connections from my region (Argentina). I have a power cord from an old asus that fits the lenovo AC but they have different ampers ( the lenovo is 16a 250v and the asus 10a 250v). Is it safe to connect the power brick with the asus cord?

Thanks in advance.

archaonn

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
So that's the maximum input the power cord can sustain in case of a power surge, or something like that?The 16A is more of a safety measure? The power brick says the input is 1.3A. That would be "normal" input the brick receives from the cord?

kanewolf

Titan
So that's the maximum input the power cord can sustain in case of a power surge, or something like that?The 16A is more of a safety measure? The power brick says the input is 1.3A. That would be "normal" input the brick receives from the cord?
Yes. So either cord (10A or 16A) will be perfectly safe at 1.3A. The rating on the cord is the maximum that it can safely deliver. Only the amount required by the device will actually flow through the cord.