[SOLVED] Power cut while i was playing a game

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
Just a few hours ago, the power suddenly cut while I was in the middle of playing games with my friends. Outage lasted for 5 hours. I removed all things energy related plugged on my PC to prevent surge. But will my PC be still okay? I don't have a UPS and there wasn't any notice on a power interruption.

Solution
I've had power cut off on me more than once. Nothing really harmful comes of it like everyone else is saying except maybe game/work progress. Danger to components stems mostly from if power suddenly comes back on in quick succession.
Just a few hours ago, the power suddenly cut while I was in the middle of playing games with my friends. Outage lasted for 5 hours. I removed all things energy related plugged on my PC to prevent surge. But will my PC be still okay? I don't have a UPS and there wasn't any notice on a power interruption.
You said the outage lasted 5 hours. Have you tried to boot it?

I have a whole plant full of PCs I'm responsible for. When the power goes out and comes back on....I might lose 1 or 2 out of 50.

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
You said the outage lasted 5 hours. Have you tried to boot it?

I have a whole plant full of PCs I'm responsible for. When the power goes out and comes back on....I might lose 1 or 2 out of 50.

Just tried to boot it right now. It seems fine but I hope nothing happened in the components. Sorry for the late reply, I posted this 3am my time.

Do you think some parts might've failed?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I've had power cut off on me more than once. Nothing really harmful comes of it like everyone else is saying except maybe game/work progress. Danger to components stems mostly from if power suddenly comes back on in quick succession.

Solution