Question Power cuts out and clicks on and off endlessly.

Mar 27, 2019
My guess is power or cooling.

Full tower Cosmos C700P case, 2x140 front fans, 1x140 rear fan, 2x 140 top fans. I9 7900x, liquid cooled, Single GTX 1080 Ti, liquid cooled. 54GB trident RGB 3200, Win 10. Have seen 183* Fahrenheit on CPU package (in Neverwinter, 4K) and 165* on GPU. Have a 1200W Platinum PS.

Just shuts down, and will “click” on and of on and off in an unending cycle unless I pull power cord or click off main power switch on back of PS.

This was CyberpowerPC and was rebuilt from scratch by them with new components (mem, PS, chip, cooling system, case, Chip Water and GPU Water Block all new).

Can it be that I need 1500W or is something else? They even rewired everything from scratch. But same problem. Cooling system reservoir is the same size as before, but new.

you've already bought a PSU that's way over power for that computer so you dont' more power.
Touch the pipes going into CPU are they both hot?
If so then your pump is screwed or your radiator.
As for use Farenheit - No one uses Farenheit so please keep it to Celsius

Mar 27, 2019
you've already bought a PSU that's way over power for that computer so you dont' more power.
Touch the pipes going into CPU are they both hot?
If so then your pump is screwed or your radiator.
As for use Farenheit - No one uses Farenheit so please keep it to Celsius

84c CPU highs, 74c GPU highs. When shut pipe fittings on WC very hot. Fan exhaust notably hotter coming out of top of case. Can’t tell if there is pump flow. Clear liquid coolant. Don’t see any bubbles or liquid moving.

TRENDING THREADS