Power cycling from pc

DarkTails37

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Pc power cycles on startup, have managed to get it past though, only leads to freezing or auto-restarting within the minute. Nothing off in UEFI when I manager to get in, didn’t restart when I was in only when I left. CPU cooler’s fan was spinning when pc was off when I woke up this morning, possibly due to new displayport cables I bought 2 days ago. One was a 20 pin accidentally (goodwill) and was powering the fan even with the power cable unplugged. I replugged in all the cables and no difference, have no idea on what to do.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
My Display Port cable gave up just a few days ago and resulted in failing to post as well. I ended up unplugging everything. Taking GPU out, unplugging sata cables, all usb devices, and using one stick of ram trying every slot. So I’d start there. Nothing hooked up except one stick of ram and using HDMI.

DarkTails37

Commendable
May 28, 2016

Ok I've tried some things, PC works fine without one of the ram sticks in even with the DisplayPort cable in.

DarkTails37

Commendable
May 28, 2016

Ok another update, PC cycles when there is a stick of ram in the second slot, would only boot with a stick in the first slot only not with both, also didn't boot with the side panel on even with the one stick in the first slot.

TRENDING THREADS