Power cycling no monitor CHECKED FAQ, NEW MOTHERBOARD Nothing works

penguinosclub

Commendable
Oct 11, 2018
i have been trying to put together this computer
SPECS:

MOTHERBOARD - AB350M ASROCK (with an upgraded BIOS done by ASROCK)
CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 2600
RAM - G.SKILL NT Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB,PCIe
PSU - ROSEWILL ARC 650

i JUST got a new motherboard because i thought the problem was the motherboard, I did an exchange with ASROCK. My computer STILL POWER CYCLES. I am unable to get into bios, no signal on monitor.
I have done the breadboarding,
i have done putting only cpu and power supply in
using the motherboard speaker
then putting in the graphics card
using 1 stick of ram (i only have 1 stick right now)
I have looked over the FAQ time and time again, check marking everything.
all i ever get is ONE CLICK that is ALL
It still continues to power cycle. The power supply works fine, I tried it with another computer.
I don't get what is the problem.
PLEASE HELP.
I really have no idea what to do.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
what do you mean by one click? like when you turn the power on to the computer do the fans at least spin up and stay running? like any lights on the motherboard. IF you dont get anything when you press the power.. I have on accident before plugged the power button into the wrong pins on the motherboard. I would check that.

if the fans spin but you get no video at all it could simply be the ram you have is not good.. and just an FYI you really need dual channel ram with the ryzen (I have 2 systems with the Ryzen).. I would try different ram?

penguinosclub

Commendable
Oct 11, 2018

Yes, using the cooler that came with the CPU.

One click/beep from the motherboard speaker when it turns on, that's it. Fans run, then after 20 seconds - 30 seconds, they stop, then they turn back on again. Yep I know I should use two RAM, I will be getting another ram stick. I thought about trying another RAM, I will keep this in mind. But I don't want to run out get it then find out it wasn't the RAM... though I guess I could return the RAM if it turned out the RAM wasn't the problem. Sigh, this is just difficult.

When I just have the barebones - the psu and the cpu on the motherboard, it power cycles. So perhaps that's where the problem lies. which means it's either the cpu or the psu, can't be the motherboard because this is brand new today. no idea...