Question Power good problem in PSU all voltages seems to be OK

tajrokun

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
Hi there I just got some Cooler Master mpx-7001-acabw-eu PSU. There is sticker on it so it is not been open ever.

It have some power good problem, all voltages seems to be ok, but that PG is 0 and blinking on this simple PSU tester, also when on this tester a PSU let out some strange sound inside it ( I can't record it since PSU tester is whistle and covering that sound from PSU ).
When I try to connect a green and black wire on 24 pin connector a fan on PSU just little move and nothing.

Here is a video of problem :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cmO8x05lA4

Question is, like I see voltages are good and only problem is this PG, so does this can be fix easily and PSU will work without problems after that ?
My skills are only to replace a broken capacitor, and from what I see here that fan try to start and move a little, it like have no enought power to start and that looks like to me, that some of capacitors is out...
What do you think is this worth a try and if I open it can someone tell me which capacitor to look out since I'm not good to find a problem, only if it is capacitor physically visible that is broken.

Lutfij

Titan
No, it's not worth a try, IMHO, rather leave this PSU out in the open and have it as example that people should buy into a reliably built PSU. The wires on the unit also look like it's been used very roughly. Was it ever used in a mining rig?

tajrokun

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
You think that this can't be repaired ?
No wires are all ok, it is just marks from some kind of glue.. It is been in a box with other things and picked up some adhesive thing on that spot that you see. All wires are ok and without problems, just a little cleaning is need.

tajrokun

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
From top side I dont see any kind of problem that I can spot with the eyes, except this big capacitor 400v 470uf that have hump on the center ( it is not flat ).

And from bottom side only what I can spot is that there can be some problem in marked area.

2fy8AQe.jpg

Lj6QR2S.jpg

uOWhUSz.jpg

PrfzuSW.jpg

RAONZMN.jpg

6kQOWJP.jpg

luLaELE.jpg

I desolder a big one since I have doubts about him, and I measure only 1.7 nF on it..

I don't know does this device can measure correctly a capacity on this kind of very big capacitor.

As picture shows I took one new 25V 1000 uF and do measurements are good, so if this device have ability that can measure this big one, then he is faulty and need replacement ?

0Gc7OWg.jpg

I also read this on internet : ''PG problem can be due to bad main filter cap, secondary side PWM IC and corresponding components like open resistor, bad caps and leaky diodes. All components related to the PG line can be a suspect.''

Where is exactly PG line and what to check more ?

TRENDING THREADS