[SOLVED] Power Issue - ASRock AMD Ryzen X570 Steel Legend AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX

Aug 10, 2020
Hello all!
I had great success on this page when inquiring about some issues I encountered whilst constructing my first gaming PC.

The Problem:

• PC shutdown unexpectedly
  • PC wont turn on again

What's Happened:

My issue now is one even more confusing than the last, as the PC was working perfectly for about 3 days after I completed its construction, although one day I was happily playing some strategy games on my newly built PC, then out of nowhere it shutdown.

Initially I thought it may have just overheated, so I left it for about 20 minutes and attempted to turn it back on. Unfortunately, the on button at the front of the case wasn't turning anything on, I pressed it again with no result. Next I turned the PSU off and on, this changed nothing.

Now I suspect the PSU isn't the issue as my motherboard is still receiving power, as its LEDs are still flashing, but for some reason it seems as if nothing else is receiving power, nothing else turns on and the LEDs in my CPU and case fans dont turn on either. This leads me to believe the motherboard is having issues of some kind, or is faulty and needs replacing. (this is just a possible idea, could just as well be something else).

Hope someone can help, if you can it is much appreciated.

PC Specs:

• GPU - RADEON RX 5500 XT MECH OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

• CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Gen3 8 Core AM4 CPU/Processor with Wraith Prism RGB Cooler

• RAM - Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP

• SSD - WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive

• Motherboard - ASRock AMD Ryzen X570 Steel Legend AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX Motherboard

• PSU - SilverStone ET700-MG Strider Essential 700W 80Plus Gold Full Modular Power Supply/PSU

• Wifi - Gigabyte Combo Intel 11ac and Bluetooth V5 PCIe Wireless Network Card

Case - Eclipse PC Gaming Case Mid-Tower ATX 3 x 120mm Halo Single-Ring Spectrum Fans Included, Tempered Glass, RGB Hub, RF Remote Controller, Water-Cooling Ready, Game with Style | Black

Solution
Sometimes helps to remove everything and reseat the hardware again.
It happens sometimes that the motherboard caps might got overloaded or something and need's the discharge.. seen some wierd stuff over the years.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Check the power cable at the back push it in to make sure it is properly seated in the PSU socket. Sometimes it can be this simple error causing this. The reason the led's in the motherboard still works is because they are extremely sensitive to even trickle power and can run of "fumes" but to power on a PC requires a big boost of energy.