Power Issue Fujitsu Life book U554

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddylaw1

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
I have a Fujitsu Liifebook U554. One day I noticed the battery wasn't charging when it was plugged in. It ran out and I used it plugged in to the power unit. Then it started to take ages to turn on. First ten minutes, then 30 minutes and now 2-3 hours or not at all. When I press the power, it has two seconds of life, i hear the fan, the lights come on and then it dies. It does this every ten seconds until it miraculously boots up or I give up.

I have read that it could be a simple CMOS battery issue. I have tried opening it up but can't find a coin cell anywhere. The board is hard to get to. Does it have one??

It has 1x 4gb stick of RAM. I tried taking this out and turning it on. This time the power stayed on but I had no screen and flashing error lights. Does this help in the prognosis of the problem?

By the way, when it does manage to boot up, it performs perfectly, no problems.

Could anyone advise a solution or next step? Or tell me about the CMOS battery in this thing?

Solution
When you are able to get it to power on, Make sure you have the latest BIOS version: 1.26 (10/09/2014) and chipset drivers:1.30.3 (07/07/2015).
you can also try to Do a battery reset:
Disconnect the device from the mains adapter.
Push a pen or a piece of wire (such as a paperclip) firmly into the opening of the reset key to switch the system off.
Connect the mains adapter to the device again.
Switch the device on again.
When you are able to get it to power on, Make sure you have the latest BIOS version: 1.26 (10/09/2014) and chipset drivers:1.30.3 (07/07/2015).
you can also try to Do a battery reset:
Disconnect the device from the mains adapter.
Push a pen or a piece of wire (such as a paperclip) firmly into the opening of the reset key to switch the system off.
Connect the mains adapter to the device again.
Switch the device on again.

Solution

sevrier

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

I have the same issue but the proposed solution does not work. So my next step is to change the bios battery. The problem is that I cannot find where it is. I have opened the backside of the computer and I can see about everything like the hard disk the RAM, the processor etc. But not the battery for the bios. I would appreciate if anyone could explain to me where I can find on a Lifebook U554.

Thanks in advance

Dale

Jan 30, 2019
I have the same problem with my u554 life book. I tried update bios but i can't , there is an error (error 216 failed to read bios from Rom). I don't have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.