Question Power issue

rhys16190

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
My pc is turning off and no constantly ever few seconds. I've tried resetting rhe bios and changing the ram sticks around but that doesn't work. If I unplug it and leave it for a while it will stay on for maybe a minute but then it turns off again.
I've seen other threads on this but none mention the issue where if I leave it unplugged it works for long.

-I have a 1200w psu so power shouldn't be an issue
- I've tried the usually putting the ram in different slots as well as unplugging my hard drives one by one, nothing works

Any help would be great thanks

Last edited:
Hi rhys16190.

Unfortunately you could have a 100000 million watts PSU if the PSU is a bad brand and model PSU it could give you issues. Wattages is not the only important factor on a PSU.

This is normally a PSU or overheating problem.

What is the CPU temperature in the BIOS?

rhys16190

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hi rhys16190.

Unfortunately you could have a 100000 million watts PSU if the PSU is a bad brand and model PSU it could give you issues. Wattages is not the only important factor on a PSU.

This is normally a PSU or overheating problem.

What is the CPU temperature in the BIOS?
I unfortunately can't check the bios now since it turns off after a sec or so but its a evea psu that I've had for about 4 years. Is this brand know to have issues. EVGA Supernova 1200 p2