[SOLVED] Power issues

Apr 12, 2020
Hi i hav an ASUS 501L notebook and the battery died recently so i got a new one. But with the new battery i got troubles starting the computer.

The computer start with ac adapter and no battery.

The computer start with battery and ac adapter the first time after reconnecting the battery.

It does not start anytime after the first reboot while the battery is connected even if the ac adapter is plugged in at the same time.

The battery works fine because i can run it on battery power for multiple hours.

Is this a problem with the motherboards or is there something else i might try?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
I powered it up by removing the battery and connecting the power cord. Since the battery is built in there is no external cmos so it started and then reconnected the battery and used it. Just thought it where something internal wrong since it did not start with the battery but still could run on battery after i reconnected it.

Yeah was able to "fix" it even though it does not look the prettiest. Manage to remove the physical button and works if you pres it down with a gem or something other pointy so was an easy fix. Might get a new button eventually and see if it is just this one that does not press it properly =)
Apr 12, 2020
Is it a new original battery or replacement? What bios version do you have currently and what is exact model number of laptop

It is an original battery. The product number is F6N0CX303648269, model K501LX-DM113H.
Bios vendor: American megatrends
Version 206
VBIOS: 1038.I17K500.005
EC version: F0BU0700

Remove battery and power cable both. Press then power button for 30seconds, after install battery and power cable and try boot again.

If still doesnt work download latest bios driver for your model from asus site , just search "asus drivers with google", latest one is version 301, extract that file to USB stick so it only has the "301-file" in the stick.

Follow then these steps : https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1572-how-to-flash-bios-on-asus-board

Apr 12, 2020
The update of bios did not help, but found the problem. It was the start button that had stop working so at least know what the problem is now.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Okay thats nice to hear, how where you able to power it up without power button though? Usually only way to get boot the motherboard is to remove cmos battery then plugin power cable (without the button)

Where you able to fix the button not working or do you need new power board (might be something wrong with the button cause of liquid corrosion etc) ? : https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-ASUS-K...hash=item5225910320:m:m8NDQpKUBDpgUvT37sAPo7Q

Check if cable looks fine, also are the usb ports working on the board?

Apr 12, 2020
I powered it up by removing the battery and connecting the power cord. Since the battery is built in there is no external cmos so it started and then reconnected the battery and used it. Just thought it where something internal wrong since it did not start with the battery but still could run on battery after i reconnected it.

Yeah was able to "fix" it even though it does not look the prettiest. Manage to remove the physical button and works if you pres it down with a gem or something other pointy so was an easy fix. Might get a new button eventually and see if it is just this one that does not press it properly =)

Solution
Didnt even think about no cmos battery in this motherboard, nice fix you can close this as solved by your own message :)
It might be either the "button" itself, plastic cover of it or the entire board, but if its the board then there might be problems with other ports in it like the USB.