Question Power kernel issues

Jun 20, 2019
Any ideas on this: BugcheckCode 0 BugcheckParameter1 0x0 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0x0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 1 PowerButtonTimestamp 132053674454995959 BootAppStatus 0 Checkpoint 2 ConnectedStandbyInProgress false SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 1 CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 BugcheckInfoFromEFI false CheckpointStatus 0

BugcheckCode 126 BugcheckParameter1 0xffffffffc0000005 BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff80630e32ac0 BugcheckParameter3 0xffffb7028429f068 BugcheckParameter4 0xffffb7028429e8b0 SleepInProgress 0 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 0 Checkpoint 0 ConnectedStandbyInProgress false SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0 CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 BugcheckInfoFromEFI false CheckpointStatus 0

BugcheckCode 307 BugcheckParameter1 0x1 BugcheckParameter2 0x1e00 BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff80130d4d380 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 0 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 0 Checkpoint 0 ConnectedStandbyInProgress false SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0 CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 BugcheckInfoFromEFI false CheckpointStatus 0

another kernel event tracing - Session "dfa2c640-651d-488d-a479-2fd7a7ca6e29" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

ThermalZoneDeviceInstanceLength 9 ThermalZoneDeviceInstance \_TZ.TZ10 _PSV 292 _TC1 0 _TC2 0 _TSP 1000 _AC0 0 _AC1 0 _AC2 0 _AC3 0 _AC4 0 _AC5 0 _AC6 0 _AC7 0 _AC8 0 _AC9 0 _CRT 294 _HOT 293 MinimumThrottle 0 _CR3 0 OverThrottleThreshold 0 DescriptionLength 0 Description _TZP 10

Can anyone advise what the issue is. My Pc rebooting when I turn it in with 2-3 seconds doesn't get to post. Then sometimes I can get into windows for X amount of time as in could be 5 mins or 60 mins and then comes up saying windows is shutting down. I'm baffled what's going on.

I have tried everything I can think of. Loaded system with 1 stick ram swapped out to the 2 stick, different slots. No gpu and use mobo hdmi still no different.

Would a fresh install of windows resolve it I can't see it being the case though?

System was fine for 4 weeks and then ran into this power boot issue.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Can you boot into safe mode with no issues (I understand this may be more difficult to do).
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?
Are you getting BSOD or just straight restarts? Does the PC tell you it's shutting down or just shut off?
Have you monitored temperatures of CPU in BIOS?

Jun 20, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Can you boot into safe mode with no issues (I understand this may be more difficult to do).
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?
Are you getting BSOD or just straight restarts? Does the PC tell you it's shutting down or just shut off?
Have you monitored temperatures of CPU in BIOS?

Hello thanks for replying. Its so odd so I can come home tonight turn it on and go off,, try again and will come on and get into windows get into event viewer for about 10 mins or sometimes longer or sometimes shorter. Then it will come up saying windows shutting down, it's as if I just told it to shutdown.

Then back to start turn it on turns off with 2-3 seconds.

I thought the psu was the issue so replaced it corsair 750M. Still same issue.

I tried safe mode but still same issue comes up saying Windows is shutting down

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Some of the bugcheck codes you show can be driver related, but if this can happen before evening fully POSTing then that would make me more suspicious. It's the fact that it is telling you to shutdown that is more odd, as a critical issue usually wouldn't exhibit this kind of behaviour outside of drivers and temperature usually.

Out of curiosity, can you disconnect the front panel from the MB, power the PC on by shorting the PWR switch and then see if the PC goes to shut down again?

Jun 20, 2019
Some of the bugcheck codes you show can be driver related, but if this can happen before evening fully POSTing then that would make me more suspicious. It's the fact that it is telling you to shutdown that is more odd, as a critical issue usually wouldn't exhibit this kind of behaviour outside of drivers and temperature usually.

Out of curiosity, can you disconnect the front panel from the MB, power the PC on by shorting the PWR switch and then see if the PC goes to shut down again?
[/QUOTE

Yeah i give a shot now. I know it's so odd that windows tells me. I'm shutting down it's as if I hit start turn off pc

Jun 20, 2019

OK did the jumper start and it turned off 1-3 seconds

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Does it shut down at all if you just stay in the BIOS?
If you can stay on long enough, it may be worth seeing if you can reboot into safe mode and see if the issue persists. That will tell us if we are definitely looking at hardware or software.

However if you can get into safe mode, or into a recovery disk, I'd be tempted to run a full system antivirus scan to see if you have a rootkit or any other potential malware that could be causing this.

Jun 20, 2019
Does it shut down at all if you just stay in the BIOS?
If you can stay on long enough, it may be worth seeing if you can reboot into safe mode and see if the issue persists. That will tell us if we are definitely looking at hardware or software.

However if you can get into safe mode, or into a recovery disk, I'd be tempted to run a full system antivirus scan to see if you have a rootkit or any other potential malware that could be causing this.

Was literally about to post to say it seems so far I can stay in the bios without the pc shutting down.

I have gone into safe mode before which still kicked my Pc to shutdown with the windows prompt.

Fresh install going to help?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So it still goes to shutdown (as a procedure - not just power cut off) normally if you get into safe mode?
A clean install probably won't help at that point, as it usually means it's hardware,

A clean install would remove a rootkit if there is one, but theoretically a safe mode boot should also prevent the rootkit from starting. It may be worth a try, but I suspect it won't do much. After that it's about eliminating hardware.

Was the new PSU a completely different model from your first one? And everything is connected correctly as per this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Jun 20, 2019
So it still goes to shutdown (as a procedure - not just power cut off) normally if you get into safe mode?
A clean install probably won't help at that point, as it usually means it's hardware,

A clean install would remove a rootkit if there is one, but theoretically a safe mode boot should also prevent the rootkit from starting. It may be worth a try, but I suspect it won't do much. After that it's about eliminating hardware.

Was the new PSU a completely different model from your first one? And everything is connected correctly as per this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

So far stayed in the bios and still no shutdown this is the longest by far it has stayed on.

PSU previously was corsair 750x

PSU as of now is rm750.

I changed out all the cables from the old psu to the new one didn't leave any behind I've made sure they all tightly fitted and no loose fittings.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Presumably you used the new cables that came with the new PSU too?

Usually CPU temp is higher in BIOS than in idle Windows so can't imagine temps will cause the shutdown there.

Also did you follow the guide I posted thoroughly?
Including checking the CPU socket for bent pins?

Jun 20, 2019
Presumably you used the new cables that came with the new PSU too?

Usually CPU temp is higher in BIOS than in idle Windows so can't imagine temps will cause the shutdown there.

Also did you follow the guide I posted thoroughly?
Including checking the CPU socket for bent pins?

Yes correctly no bent pins, now I've left the system running bios all this time and booted into the OS however I am sure windows prompt will come up shortly saying its shutting down which to me is just bizarre.

I've already had the gpu disconnected and still had the issue and done the 1 stick of ram and still had the issue.

Notjing plugged in apart from the mouse.

Cpu temp in bios is 27.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Presumably you used the new cables that came with the new PSU too? When you said you used a new PSU and used the original cables, assuming you mean you tried both sets of cables?

Unusual that you didn't get reboot in BIOS, did you get the same again when you tried to boot? And have you retried safe mode? Appreciate we may be repeating some steps, but just absolutely confirming I'm not missing anything.

Jun 20, 2019
Presumably you used the new cables that came with the new PSU too? When you said you used a new PSU and used the original cables, assuming you mean you tried both sets of cables?

Unusual that you didn't get reboot in BIOS, did you get the same again when you tried to boot? And have you retried safe mode? Appreciate we may be repeating some steps, but just absolutely confirming I'm not missing anything.

I'm just greatful for the assistance I have troubleshooting all week xD.

Tried only cables that came with the new PSU as the other PSU has some type 4 cables and this new one has type 3 cables.

I have booted into the OS and still going strong no shutdown yet which is baffling - again this is the longest the OS has stayed on for also

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm just greatful for the assistance I have troubleshooting all week xD.

Tried only cables that came with the new PSU as the other PSU has some type 4 cables and this new one has type 3 cables.

I have booted into the OS and still going strong no shutdown yet which is baffling - again this is the longest the OS has stayed on for also
Were you running any OC at all before the issue started occuring?
Have you tried resetting CMOS too?

Jun 20, 2019
Were you running any OC at all before the issue started occuring?
Have you tried resetting CMOS too?

there was an overclock running, which i defaulted back to stock moment this issue came up. and reset the CMOS battery.

this all started Monday had no issues on Saturday 8 hour gaming session :) and then onto another 3-4 hours sunday no problems at all.

finish work monday come home turn pc on 2-3 seconds turns off and this is where it started.

im now replying to you on my pc which is crazy. i am still not certain we have fixed it lol im sure its going to shutdown on me lol