Question Power leakage is killing my gpu

Oct 13, 2023
My cpu has power leakage. It already burnt mosfet of a rx 6600 but i am currently using gtx 1060(was using it before rx 6600) no problem so far. I have no earthing and i use 2 pin power strip to connect my pc to power outlet. So, if i put another rx 6600 to the same pc,will the power leakage burn that mosfet also? What should /can i do about the power leakage except earthing(i am trying that)?

Ralston18

Titan
The starting point is to get a knowledgeable electrician to check the power outlet and house wiring in general.

Without earthing (ground) just about anything could be going wrong and electricity is going where it should not go or in ways that it should not go.

And power strips are often cheaply made and very likely to be part of the problem.

So my answer is yes: Very likely that the mosfet or something else will get burned.

And the next "burn" may be even more damaging thus putting people and property at risk.

Get an electrician.

Ralston's right. You should NEVER operate a PC on a non-grounded power circuit. You should have the outlet that you use for your PC grounded by an electrician. It will be cheaper than the cost of damaged PC parts (as you have already seen). Grounding a single outlet just basically means running a 14ga wire from the ground-pin of the outlet into a metal stake in the ground. In fact, most houses' electrical systems are grounded to their water mains' copper pipes.

Reactions: intruder19