Power LED help

JoeBfLyin

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
So I just built my new PC, got everything together but the graphics card which comes tomorrow.

The CPU Fan, And the CPU turns on, i know this because there is a bit of heat when I power on the system where the CPU is on the back of the mobo, the power switch WORKS, but... it doesn't have any LED lighting, its just a black button, when it should be lighting up.

Also the HDD isn't lighting up at all, showing me the activity. I put all the cords where the mobo manual specified and again, all te buttons work perfect, but it's annoying having the LED not work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced!

Solution

buttons wont care if you mix the two wires up as long as there connected to the right two pins. the LED lights have a positive and a negative wire. if you mix them up the led will not light up.

what is your motherboard and case your using? ill look at it and make sure you know what wire should be where.

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
If your PC is on, and your CPU fan is plugged into the CPU Fan connector on your motherboard, it should start spinning.

This is the easiest way to tell whether or not your system is powering on. If you are feeling heat, and your fan isn't turning, ensure that your CPU fan is properly connected to the CPU Fan connector, which should be just above the CPU socket. DO NOT LET IT RUN WITHOUT THE CPU FAN SPINNING. On that note, are you using the stock CPU cooler?

That being said, if your CPU fan doesn't turn, and you're sure it's connected, your system most likely isn't turning on at all. Check whether or not you've turned your power supply on. This means the side with the 1 is pressed in, not the 0. And on that note, I'd double check that you've plugged the PSU's power cable into a working socket, or plugged it in at all for that matter.

JoeBfLyin

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

No offense but I feel like you haven't even read what I said. I said my CPU and CPU Fan WORK. Both WORK properly . Everything works properly,
when I turn the system on, everything spins up, case fans, EVERYTHING WORKS. But the LED on the case DOESNT work, and I wanted to know why and how to fix it.
I am not having power issues with the mobo, only the LED. And again, the power button works just fine, only the LED doesn't.
Do you understand now? this has nothing to do with my CPU. Did you even read the title?

JoeBfLyin

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

But everything is plugged in the same direction, yet the power button still worked properly. So they are all in the right way :/

if your mb has onboard video port you should be able to see the mb post and go into the bios and see if the hard drive is found. on the case header pins look at the mb guild make sure your using the right pins for the power led and hard drive led.

buttons wont care if you mix the two wires up as long as there connected to the right two pins. the LED lights have a positive and a negative wire. if you mix them up the led will not light up.

what is your motherboard and case your using? ill look at it and make sure you know what wire should be where.

Solution