Question Power Limit?

Jeyyssii

Prominent
Feb 19, 2021
Greetings, I have recently downloaded an unoptimized mess such as Ark: Survival Evolved, It has come to my attention that MSI OSD presents me with Power Limiting? I have a 5600x and a 1650, idk what power limit means. Does that mean that either the CPU or GPU aren't drawing enough power? Also, I have a Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz. BIOS says it runs at 3200Mhz but in game it says it runs on 4001Mhz?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's always going to be at least one limit. There's other limits like temperature, operating voltage, and silicon quality.
Here, this means the gpu's Gpu Boost algorithm couldn't pursue higher automatic boost clocks than what it's already getting because it runs into the board power limit - one of, if not the most common limit users run into.

That's not the cpu memory clock you're looking at, but the gpu's. Gpu parameters in green. Cpu/motherboard's in blue.

Jeyyssii

Prominent
Feb 19, 2021
There's always going to be at least one limit. There's other limits like temperature, operating voltage, and silicon quality.
Here, this means the gpu's Gpu Boost algorithm couldn't pursue higher automatic boost clocks than what it's already getting because it runs into the board power limit - one of, if not the most common limit users run into.

That's not the cpu memory clock you're looking at, but the gpu's. Gpu parameters in green. Cpu/motherboard's in blue.
Is it okay to just ignore it then?