[SOLVED] Power Line Wifi Extender Disables router Wifi

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
Hey, we installed a TP Link Wifi extender that connects from the router into the power lines a while ago. The extension has taken over as the sole wifi output of the house and the router is no longer a wifi source. I have tried disconnecting the TP link and have confirmed that the extension is now the only wifi source, despite the router still functioning through ethernet. Even when the extension is removed I am not able to connect to the router through wifi. Is there any way I am able to re-enable the wifi on the router and if so do I need to access the router as an admin because the user/pass was changed and I don't have the details.

Last edited:
Solution
Either someone turned off the wifi radios in the router or they failed. Since it is unlike that you lose 2 radio chips it is more likely it was turned off.

Pretty much you have only 1 option when you do not have the admin password. You need to factory reset the device and configure everything as if the box was new.
Either someone turned off the wifi radios in the router or they failed. Since it is unlike that you lose 2 radio chips it is more likely it was turned off.

Pretty much you have only 1 option when you do not have the admin password. You need to factory reset the device and configure everything as if the box was new.

Solution