[SOLVED] Power loss during startup, will no longer boot

hustleking

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
The power went out while my PC was booting up and it will no longer boot from the same drive. I installed another copy of windows on a different drive and I am able to access my files but I would really like to fix my old OS (if possible) rather than buy another copy and have to reconfigure all my settings (actually the settings are all that matter to me).

Whenever I boot from that drive it gives me a black screen that says "reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." The drive in question is a mechanical HDD and has a GUID partition table.

Everything about the drive works fine and disk management says it is healthy..it even shows up in my bios in the boot order with a little glow around it, just like the other drive that has windows installed on it (none of the drives that don't have an OS glow, I'm assuming that's why the glow is there but idk), but when I boot from it I get that error.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing it and how I might fix it? I found several different possible solutions for an MBR but for whatever reason I set this one up as a GUID when I got the pc..idk why.

Specs:
MPG X570
Ryzen 5 2600x
G.Skill ripjaws v 32gb
radeon rx480 8gb