Power Management?

G

My computer turns on by itself. I have ATX power supply and dual boot system. I checked the power management setting few times. there must be something I haven't done properly. any input would be appreciated.
Should I buy a unintruptable power supply?

G

When you say, turns on by itself, you can be sitting in front of it, or not at home at all, and it just boots up to the desktop screen?, could be a faulty switch, there is another person on this site who has the same problem, you may want to look for his post and see the answers

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Does it start when the phone rings?

ATX systems can be set (in the BIOS) to wake on incoming calls.

Some mobo's can wake on keyboard input, cat jumping on desk?

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
i would check bios setting and disable anything that says power on. I have worked on computers where all you have to do is hit the keyboard and it will turn on that way. Good Luck

:cool:

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My computer does the same thing, but it also restarts by itself as well. I think the reason why mine does it is because my motherboard is not compatible with Windows 2000 ACPI (advanced configuration power management interface I believe is what it means). I disabled it during the installation, but I think that is why it does it, considering the same system running Windows ME never had a problem like that. What operating system are you running?

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"