[SOLVED] power needs

Dreadblood86

Honorable
May 5, 2017
how much power will i need with this build as i have had two blow in less then four months i suspect im not running enough
i7 9700k
2070 super evga ftw 3 ultra say it uses 650 watts
gigabyte z390 master
32g ram
1t nvme ssd
8tb hdd
2 led strips
12 led fans
1 led gpu sag support
noctua nh-d15
i was using 750 watts platinum rated seasonic

Solution
The graphics card with two 8-pin PCIE power ports can use up to 375 watts of power (150 watts per 8-pin port plus 75 from the motherboard slot). The 650 watt "requirement" is an estimation for the entire system from the manufacturer. The CPU you have is a 95 watt CPU, so I suspect your system would run smoothly on a quality 600 watt unit.

Even top end power supply units can fail, but to have two of them fail is an oddity. I would disassemble your PC and make sure all is connected/mounted correctly and nothing is shorting out.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
The graphics card with two 8-pin PCIE power ports can use up to 375 watts of power (150 watts per 8-pin port plus 75 from the motherboard slot). The 650 watt "requirement" is an estimation for the entire system from the manufacturer. The CPU you have is a 95 watt CPU, so I suspect your system would run smoothly on a quality 600 watt unit.

Even top end power supply units can fail, but to have two of them fail is an oddity. I would disassemble your PC and make sure all is connected/mounted correctly and nothing is shorting out.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: CountMike
Solution