Question Power-off issue and Watchdogs 2 flickering issue on new custom-buit PC ?

HelloMoto7

Prominent
Sep 13, 2022
I recently built a custom PC.
-R5 5600
-noctua l9a 65w cooler w/ tp
-powercolor fighter rx6600XT pcie 4.0 x8
-32gb (16GBx2) teamgroup tcreate 3200
-asus x570-I gaming
-W10H
-EVGA 650GM SFX PSU
-XPG gammix s7 512gb nvme
-wd green 1tb nvme
-SGPC (SharGwa PC) K55/A56 case with SGPC 18cm pcie 3.0 x16 riser cable

PROBLEM #1
I am having a vibration power issue. Not kidding, super sensitive. Accidentally bump the desk with chair? Turns off. Bump hand or knuckles on desk? Turns off. Drumming fingers of 1 hand on desk surface? Turns off. Set my phone or tablet on desk? Turns off. Reseated RAM, CPU, both SSD, checked cooler tightness. Ran across a thread on Reddit that explained no standoffs or loose connections can do this. These standoffs are pre-installed with the case, tapped in. Motherboard is tight. Mobo was a pain to install because I had to firmly push mobo into I/O shield to screw in (about 2 weeks ago). Today I removed the IO shield to retry. GPU fits snug. Pcie riser is 3.0 vs gpu pcie 4.0. Riser cable is screwed on.

PROBLEM #2
Watchdogs 2 is acting strange. Ive searched these issues and gotten mostly junk. 1. The small fix: I had to set '-eac launcher' to keep it from crashing 10 seconds after loading the main menu. 2. Randomly during gameplay, it will freeze once, twice, then crash to the desktop. 3. While playing, the UI items (mini map, battery level, instructions in top left corner) flicker. 4. When I go into the Nudle App, it will flicker my POV screen. For example, earlier I was on a curved road in front of Torque Rats clothing with a white car facing me in opposite lane. This image would flicker on the Nudle Map app.

Last edited:

HelloMoto7

Prominent
Sep 13, 2022
SOLVED.
Problem 1 resolution: Local computer tech advised there was a short somewhere. Mobo vrm cooler was making contact with case. Computer tech advised putting tape down to avoid the mobo contact. Put tape on it. Done.
Problem 2 resolution: Found a thread on Ubisoft forums (apologize for losing the link) advising to add a 'Key' to Registry Editor. I followed the steps. Done.

Last edited: