Power on failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony ky

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Hi guys, my laptop cant power on, it is IBM T43 When i insert its battery and press power On button all led light Blinks exept the booting one and the fun runs but for seconds then remains dead.when i try to power on again it doesnt show any thing.when i connect AC Adapter to it a green (light on batery led) lights for a moment then turns to orange and disappears it lights again and does the same. when i try to power it on even with the AC adapter it shows the led lights,fun rotates for a seconds. what might cause this and how do i solve it. if have a know how about it i appreciate your help. my email addre>>>[email removed]

Solution
Remove the battery then plug in the AC adapter then try to turn on the laptop. Do a hard reset if the same problem persist, Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 secs then power it on. Lastly if it still wont turn on remove the RAM off the PC then put it back after couple of seconds and power it back on. This could be a motherboard problem which is most common with these kind of symptoms. To further back up this theory hook up an external monitor into it then power it on see if you'll get any display.
Remove the battery then plug in the AC adapter then try to turn on the laptop. Do a hard reset if the same problem persist, Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 secs then power it on. Lastly if it still wont turn on remove the RAM off the PC then put it back after couple of seconds and power it back on. This could be a motherboard problem which is most common with these kind of symptoms. To further back up this theory hook up an external monitor into it then power it on see if you'll get any display.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.