Apr 25, 2021
It's about exactly as the question title entails. I cannot boot to windows, its newly assembled (by me) and I'm stumped because it won't boot to windows,

My PSU is 750W for the RX580 and I5 8500 so I don't believe that's the issue. My SSD drive is also recognized in the bios. I'm not really sure what's wrong as I only changed the CPU fan speed to ignore for my AIO. My motherboard is the ASUS H370-F Gaming, and when it fails to boot to windows, the light that signals a problem with booting is on (how helpful).

It's been about three days since I've tried anything as I left it so I could simmer down (and not take to it with a hammer), but I've been getting some wild opinions saying the motherboard might be [failed], etc. Not really a techy guy myself and can't really afford to take it into an assessment and repair shop.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021
Intel i5 8500
Corsair RMx 750W
Corsair H100i Plat AIO
Sapphire RX580
ASUS ROG STRIX H370-F Gaming
Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ram

The PC is newly assembled, so I don't know if it was working before.

Apr 25, 2021
The latest windows created with the Microsoft Creation Tool. Installing the OS from the USB was fine, but when I tried to boot, it took me to the bios instead. If I recall it said it posted in safe mode, I think.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
The latest windows created with the Microsoft Creation Tool. Installing the OS from the USB was fine, but when I tried to boot, it took me to the bios instead. If I recall it said it posted in safe mode, I think.
It appears it never really completed the installation.

Start over. Delete ALL existing partitions in the process.

Apr 25, 2021
Okay, I just re-did the installation of Windows 10 and deleted all the partitions in the process. I wasn't watching the installation rather vigilantly but it seems when it reached the end and did what I assume is the reboot, I get no signal on the monitor whilst using an HDMI cord (to the GPU) and the bios tells me that "the system has POSTed in safe mode".

Apr 25, 2021
It appears it never really completed the installation.

Start over. Delete ALL existing partitions in the process.
Okay, so... I went to boot options and changed something. I can't exactly remember what but I know I changed the option "other OS" to "Windows UEFI mode" it appears as though I am finishing setting up the windows installation (selecting region etc). Though it did bounce from bios to windows (i would imagine this is normal since my PC hasn't fried itself). I have just completed the set-up and now it's onto the 'this might take several minutes' phase.

Have I, somehow, randomly fixed it, or have I turned on a setting I wasn't supposed to?

EDIT; Noticed display flickers somewhat, but it only happened once after installing correct AMD drivers.. not entirely sure if it was a flicker or a play of my eyes.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY