power on self test at boot up

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
This has been bugging me to death and I know its probably pretty simple but I just can't find out how to do it myself so I thought I would ask someone in here.

My computer has a gigabyte Motherboard and its a p35 ds3l version 2.0 and at bootup it does a power on self test for the memory and I would like to go into the BIOS and stop that from happening any more. I have looked at every setting I can find but no matter what I change it still does the power on memory self test.

Does anyone know what in the BIOS to change to stop this power on memory self test? so I can get rid of it once and for all?

Thanks in advance just in case you guys can find out what to do.

Thanks.

Mike Davis

Salem, Oregon 97301

mmmikezd@comcast.net

Maybe you could send me a photo of the BIOS setting and what it looks like so I can change it.

People have told me to look for quick self test and other things but None of the suggestions are in the BIOS to change.

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I have been to every page the BIOS has and there isn't nothing that even gets close to saying "Fast Boot option. I would have figured that one out myself. There isn't a page that says anything about boot period. thanks any way. I guess you would have to look at the p35 ds3l version 2 gigabyte BIOS to see what I have been looking thru.

Mike