Question Power Options: when turned off the display, it keeps showing "No Signal Detected"

Senn

Reputable
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 (20H2) and in Power Options settings I set:
  • Turn off the display: 5 min
So, after 5 minutes the display is turned off, but then around every 5s - 10s shows "No Signal Detected".

I have:
  • Monitor: Zowie XL2411P (driver is installed)
  • Graphics Card: Asus ROG-STRIX-RX570-O8G (driver: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.1 - Recommended (WHQL)
  • Cable/connection: DisplayPort (DP)
Is this normal behavior or not? If it's not, what do you think - who's to blame: Monitor or Graphics Card or Windows 10? 🤔
Did you have the same problem and do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Senn

Reputable
Nov 6, 2020
yeah, when it said turn off, it mean the gpu output. it doesn't physical press the power button on the monitor
But when I shut down my PC, why it's not the same (why it doesn't keep showing "No Signal Detected" every ~5s)? When PC is shut down, there is no GPU output, and monitor is not physically turned off... it only displays that message once and that's it, it doesn't keep showing it again and again... ?

Senn

Reputable
Nov 6, 2020
What the make and model of the psu?
sound like it still put enough for the monitor to wakeup.
I just checked: it's some "no-name" PSU with the following specifications:
  • 650 W
  • Type: Standard
  • PFC: Passive
  • Fan diameter: 12 cm
  • Form Factor: ATX (PS2)
  • Cables and connectors:
    • 20+4 pin x 1
    • Molex 4 pin x 1
    • SATA x 3
    • PCI-e 6+2 Pin x 1
    • 4pin 12V x 1
6819983-1.jpg

Maybe you are right, maybe this "no-name" PSU is causing issues described above in my first post 🤔

TRENDING THREADS