Question power outage just killed NIC ethernet port

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
sorry beforehand for my english.

just build a new PC, unfortunately my house electricity is too low for my 1000w psu and other devices. power had been out 3 times since this new pc installed. house power is at 2200w (x0.8 = 1760w). daily usage are 1 PC, 2 A.C, 2TV, cloth iron, water pump 250w.

pc spec: 6950 xt, 13700kf, 32gb ddr 5 xmp 6400mhz, 1000w psu

i have checked device manager, and theres no lan/ethernet shown anywhere (hidden checked), bios lan is on by default. i have checked the Ethernet cable cross devices and it works on my wifi router and my old PC. and the most obvious, the light on the port died. no sign whatsoever when the LAN cable is plugged.

right now im using the mobo wifi for connection.

my questions are:
1. everything seems okay and running. but is it safe to use the pc for gaming and stuff? assuming the port (which is built into the board) is burnt or broken, will it affect other parts?

2. I will go to the local shop tmr and try to Rma the board, is it possible? or do i need to lower PSU to 850 w and buy a usb>ethernet dongle? (6950 xt, 13700kf, 32gb ddr5 xmp 6400mhz)

3. any future safety precautions i need to get? (UPS/surge protector?)

please help. thank you

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
T5here is no way to tell how your motherboard will act later on since the power problem. You need to find out what your electricity can support as far as a psu is concerned. A ups is always recommended especially if you have a known power reliability problem.

thank you for your reply, yes i will change my electricity wattage asap. trying to Rma this board tmr. do issues cause by power outage will decline the warranty?