[SOLVED] Power outage no display

JetFury

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
There was a power outage last night. Now my monitors won't get signal. Neither the two hdmi or my DP gives me display. Allof the components are new and installed on the 17th. My newest monitor just a few days old. Hell, even my surge protector is new. Most peculiar I can turn on the PC via the power button but I can't turn it off that way. Also, my mouse and keyboard are not lighting up or responsive from what i can tell.. I've tried reseating multiple times and trying different ports, waiting afterward etc and nothing has worked. Given I can't shut it off via the power button and the keyboard isn't getting power I have to resort to shutting off from the back and I'm worried that might actually damage my components if I keep doing it. Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Here's my parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fk4xht

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds to me like your PC is failing to POST. To start, keep it basic. Switch off the PSU, unplug the power cord, then take off the side panel and pull the motherboards CMOS battery (CR 2032 button battery). Wait a couple of minutes, maybe hit/hold the PCs power on switch a couple times, let all the capacitors drain, then return everything to its proper place. Try powering on again. If this does not work, deeper troubleshooting is required.

Mcfckyle91

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
There was a power outage last night. Now my monitors won't get signal. Neither the two hdmi or my DP gives me display. Allof the components are new and installed on the 17th. My newest monitor just a few days old. Hell, even my surge protector is new. Most peculiar I can turn on the PC via the power button but I can't turn it off that way. Also, my mouse and keyboard are not lighting up or responsive from what i can tell.. I've tried reseating multiple times and trying different ports, waiting afterward etc and nothing has worked. Given I can't shut it off via the power button and the keyboard isn't getting power I have to resort to shutting off from the back and I'm worried that might actually damage my components if I keep doing it. Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Here's my parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fk4xht
Any chance one of the fuses has popped in the PSU PLUG, Surge device plug? Monitor plugs. Check them all. Try removing the surge protector and using another extension lead temporary etc as if that did its job it's potentially dead or defective? if all failed you're PSU may be fried and acting erratically. In which case I would cease using it immediately before you damage the system further. I cant imagine everything is fried that would be a nightmare!

Last edited:

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
It sounds to me like your PC is failing to POST. To start, keep it basic. Switch off the PSU, unplug the power cord, then take off the side panel and pull the motherboards CMOS battery (CR 2032 button battery). Wait a couple of minutes, maybe hit/hold the PCs power on switch a couple times, let all the capacitors drain, then return everything to its proper place. Try powering on again. If this does not work, deeper troubleshooting is required.

Reactions: JetFury
Solution

JetFury

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
This ended up being the case thank you

TRENDING THREADS