Question Power plan for a faster loading in games

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Other than buying an SSD, which windows power plan should I choose to get a bit faster loading in games in general, balanced, power saver or high performance? HP causes high temperatures to 75c-85c since I have that old rusty thermal on my CPU with stock fan but it worked great so far, I'm just looking to get a bit more of it, in loading/speed, my CPU is an devils canyon which notorious about high temps when doing basically anything, especially in summer seasons. Anyways, should I choose these or create my own power plan? I'm looking for a bit speed while not reaching to 70c, sudden jumps are quite common with this cpu as far as I noticed over the years.

I also did unlocked some hidden entries under power management, such as cpu boost mode and target MHz, please give me any idea about these in looking to get speed and not so high temperatures in games. Thank you!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Other than buying an SSD, which windows power plan should I choose to get a bit faster loading in games in general, balanced, power saver or high performance? HP causes high temperatures to 75c-85c since I have that old rusty thermal on my CPU with stock fan but it worked great so far, I'm just looking to get a bit more of it, in loading/speed, my CPU is an devils canyon which notorious about high temps when doing basically anything, especially in summer seasons. Anyways, should I choose these or create my own power plan? I'm looking for a bit speed while not reaching to 70c, sudden jumps are quite common with this cpu as far as I noticed over the years.

I also did unlocked some hidden entries under power management, such as cpu boost mode and target MHz, please give me any idea about these in looking to get speed and not so high temperatures in games. Thank you!
Nothing you can do for load times really other than put it on a faster drive.

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Min %75 system cooling Active Max %100, Boost mode disabled, all in built in Power Saver mode, thats did the trick for me! Game loads MUCH faster now than my previous settings as I tested in game. After YEARS of changing editing switching these blasted things I think I finally found the goldmine. Thanks all now I don't have to buy overpriced SSD from amazon lol

EDIT: CPU temps also below 70c

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
And sometime in the near future, when you DO abaondon that spinning drive and move to solid state, you're gonna say "Why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier?? This thing is FAST!!"

Maybe so however newer the tech more the problems comes with it, I'm currently okay with my stuff, plus, newer SSDs are quite expensive and I do not have the luxury to know and remember all the technical details.

There always will be new hardware on the market, point is to buy a good one and keep and use it for years. Not to buy a RTX 9999 every year in my honest opinion,

USAFRet

Titan
Maybe so however newer the tech more the problems comes with it, I'm currently okay with my stuff, plus, newer SSDs are quite expensive and I do not have the luxury to know and remember all the technical details.

There always will be new hardware on the market, point is to buy a good one and keep and use it for years. Not to buy a RTX 9999 every year in my honest opinion,
My house systems have been SSD only for almost a decade.
They're not "new" anymore.