Question Power problem on Acer Travelmate 6293 ?

SeamuSct

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Hi.
My travelmate 6293 works perfectly on battery but the second I plug it in, it turns off and starts a random power loop where the buttons light up (no display) and then shuts off, repeat.
I bought a new charger, still no change, I tested the memory in another laptop, no problems, I took out the hard drive, tried the memory in every possible combination and still no luck.
I even sourced the original docking station, but the same problem persists.
Any help or advice please?
I am great with desktops but laptops are my enemy. I love the old acer machines so I would be more than happy to have it working.

Hi.
My travelmate 6293 works perfectly on battery but the second I plug it in, it turns off and starts a random power loop where the buttons light up (no display) and then shuts off, repeat.
I bought a new charger, still no change, I tested the memory in another laptop, no problems, I took out the hard drive, tried the memory in every possible combination and still no luck.
I am great with desktops but laptops are my enemy. I love the old acer machines so I would be more than happy to have it working.
Dumb question as you say your fairly good with computers not laptops 100% but still computer is a computer smaller form, so have been making sure to keep the drivers and bios up to date?

SeamuSct

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Dumb question as you say your fairly good with computers not laptops 100% but still computer is a computer smaller form, so have been making sure to keep the drivers and bios up to date?

Sorry, I know its an old post but I dug this laptop out again. Yes BIOS is fine. Trying to boot it without a hard drive gives the same results - so not drivers.

Aug 20, 2023
I’m having exact the same problem with my travelmate 6293, it ’s ok on battery, but it shuts down the moment I connect the power adapter.
Somebody having advice accept for throwing it away and buying a new one?

Aug 15, 2023
There's a short in the power somewhere
Hi.
Hi , first try to disconnect battery , bios battery also and power adapter after that press power buton for 15 sec in order to drain out curent , verify bios battery to be ok voltage should be 3.3 v if is old probably lower under 3v but not much lower , and try to Conect only power buton , display and ram , and see if the laptop stay on , if is still a loop , you can measure the power adapter from motherboard in order to see if you have 19v , and also after that you have power MOSFET, and you sould have 19V on out but here is more complex electronic measurement and I recommend to go with laptop in a service in order for them to determine exact the situation , and also you can measure charge and see if curent fluctuates, you just need to test and see, if the curent fluctuates on charger you can try with a different one and see or with an universal charger and check again.