power problems solutions

Mimitech

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
help me power up laptop that seems to reverse power. when i plug the power pack to the laptop, the light on the power pack gets faint and starts to blink and no power reaches the motherboard for a toshiba satelite

Solution
If you have another power pack and that produces the same results I would agree with previous post that there maybe a short on the motherboard or the power connector (socket), this is normally the power socket that you plug the power pack into, it is reasonably cheap to pick up from ebay below 10 quid, and if you are confident, go on you tube and type in the model of you laptop like this "How to disassemble satellite L500 laptop" obviously this is my laptop and you insert your laptop make and model number in the search box. Watch the video a few times and if you feel confident have a go, if not then pass it on to someone that does this type of thing all the time.

If after replacing the power connector you get the same results then it...

makkem

Distinguished
Have you tried with a different power pack ?
If a different power pack still gives the same results then it looks like you have a problem with the motherboard or other boards.
Try removing the hard drive and trying it.

davewilldo

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
If you have another power pack and that produces the same results I would agree with previous post that there maybe a short on the motherboard or the power connector (socket), this is normally the power socket that you plug the power pack into, it is reasonably cheap to pick up from ebay below 10 quid, and if you are confident, go on you tube and type in the model of you laptop like this "How to disassemble satellite L500 laptop" obviously this is my laptop and you insert your laptop make and model number in the search box. Watch the video a few times and if you feel confident have a go, if not then pass it on to someone that does this type of thing all the time.

If after replacing the power connector you get the same results then it is time to pass it on to a reputable laptop repairer!
Good luck

Solution