16 GB gskill Flare 2000mhz

2 * MSI R6970 Lightning

1200W Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold psu

3 * 200mm fans
230mm fan
140mm fan

all wraped up in a Cooler master HAFX

Question:
I want to add one more MSI R6970 lightning can my PSU support it? If not what would be the suggested size/wattage of one that would push all of the components.

ps I hope this is the correct section for this thread

Solution
The Phenom II 1100T is a good CPU. I'd use a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 or UD7 mobo and two MSI 6970s as the Asus mobos have not been reliable in my experience.

You can always determine the PC PSU requirements by inputing your hardware into the calculator at the link below. No guessing required !

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I would recommend Seasonic or PC Power and Cooling as the best PSUs.

striker410

Distinguished
Yes, your PSU can easily push 3x6970's. (except it's a CoolerMaster >.>)

But really, Why do you want to add another? Your CPU is bottlenecked as is, and adding another 6970 would do nothing but increase your power bill.

Personally, I'd say stick with what you have or go Sandy Bridge. Unless you are using 3 screens at big resolutions, you will benefit very little from another 6970.

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
^^
+1

@ OP

Change that CoolerMaster PSU with an Antec, Corsair or Seasonic one. They're more reliable than yours.
As striker said, a 3rd HD 6970 isn't really required. Get a new i5 2500K + a MoBo with that money. Phenom II X6's are not that good for gaming.

beenthere

Distinguished
The Phenom II 1100T is a good CPU. I'd use a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 or UD7 mobo and two MSI 6970s as the Asus mobos have not been reliable in my experience.

You can always determine the PC PSU requirements by inputing your hardware into the calculator at the link below. No guessing required !

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I would recommend Seasonic or PC Power and Cooling as the best PSUs.

Solution

dawscaus

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
My system runs just fine. I am currently mining bitcoin lol, and the third 6970 will populate my last slot and put me up to 1.11 Gigahash.

I live in the dorm and am capitalizing on not having to pay for electricity.

I would like to thank everyone for the advice.