[SOLVED] Power saver plan than balanced

Rendell1234

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2016
My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load, games etc, and about idle is about 57 to 65 celsius. It happen since my laptop is new about 2014, then i always turn to power saver than balanced since 2015 so the temperature will be about 40 to 55 celsius when cold weather and 58 to 65 c when hot weather. Also i'll rarely turn to balanced if necessary But power saver is safe? And harmless?
My laptop also windows 10.
Thanks

Solution
The Power Saver plan is definitely safe and harmless to your laptop.
The only thing it will hurt is your performance under load, as it essentially restricts your maximum CPU clock speeds. Balanced is the ideal power plan to be used whilst gaming.

Temperatures of around 90C, though not ideal, are quite common to see in laptops while under load, so 75C will be absolutely fine as a constant operating temperature during gaming.
If there's no CPU throttling it's quite impressive, actually.

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
The Power Saver plan is definitely safe and harmless to your laptop.
The only thing it will hurt is your performance under load, as it essentially restricts your maximum CPU clock speeds. Balanced is the ideal power plan to be used whilst gaming.

Temperatures of around 90C, though not ideal, are quite common to see in laptops while under load, so 75C will be absolutely fine as a constant operating temperature during gaming.
If there's no CPU throttling it's quite impressive, actually.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows is a cross-platform OS. It's one program that's written to be used on laptops or pc's. As such, it has stuff designed in the power plans for battery life and usage and hybernation that are totally useless for a desktop pc.

Eco or power saver plan is designed specifically for laptop use so is recommended that you use it, especially when it's not plugged in.

And yes, your temps are very good.

Reactions: WildCard999