"Power Saving" message then black screen on monitor.

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
So I have the weirdest problem...ever. Never did I encounter problem this sdufgriuglsfhliregf making no sense.

I have 3 outputs from my video card: DVI (all in one) , HDMI 19pin and Display Port.
And monitor LG FLATRON L1953T (-BX i guess) with DVI-D Dual Link and VGA.
+cable HDMI 19pin male to DVI-D Dual Link male (lets just say that I cannot use DVI output on my video card)

So video card is connected to my monitor trought HDMI-DVI-D cable (no adaters just cable with different ends).And it does not work.

STEP 1: Ok so maybe the cable (5m) is to long or my monitor DVI-D input is not working. Wronng. I tested it with my HDTV media player using the same monitor and cable , just this time it was connected to media player. And it was working, both monitor and cable.

STEP 2: ,Maybe ,my hdmi output on video card is not working. Wrong, When I connect the monitor the message "no signal" disapears + I tested it on my tv with regular hdmi cable and it was working.

SO: video card is connected to my monitor trought HDMI-DVI-D cable
Monitor, cable and hdmi output on videocard is WORKING. So why do I have black screen??
I connect the monitor and all I get is "DIGITAL , POWER SAVING" ....reinstalled my drivers, tried numerous settings in both eyefinity (HD 7750) and windows display and still not working.Also I tested the VGA input of monitor and it was working (connected with same pc using adapter)

Solution
Quite possible the resolution and refresh rates the pc is currently using is not supported by the tv.
But since they both have DVI, why did you not just use a dvi-dvi cable? (just curious)

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I am already using dvi to connect my other monitor (VGA only) trought adapter that came with graphic card.
Also my monitor (that wont turn on) IS recognized (even the model in "hardvare id") but its shown as "generic ph monitor". Its "plug and play" so should it not automatically set its resolution and refresh rate?
Edit: sorry I forgot to click "reply to"

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

Found it. HDMI uutput on my graphic card has "pulled in" pins. Will try to fix it but its so small.
Request to close.