Power saving mode

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
So yeah, I just bought a new pc from Cooler Master, it has i7 and gtx 760, but whenever i turn on my computer nothing pops on my monitor except for "power saving mode" and then it disapears, computer works fine i can hear fans and everything else work what do I do? Can it be because of my resolution? My new pc has nothing installed (programs/windows) i want to do it but i cant as i can't see anything :D Help pls!
My screen is FLATRON L222WS 1680x1050 res 60hz

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
You have nothing installed then?....
Maybe try installing windows first by popping open the dvd burner or putting in the USB installer (whichever one you got) after you powered up the computer.
Of course a PC won't turn on if it doesn't have an OS...

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

I just bought it so im pretty sure it has nothing installed i have few discs here tried them both nothing pops up, monitor works fine on another pc so idk what's the problem...
And my pc does turn on, it works fine fans work, pc itself lights up in blue color and etc, idk what's up with screen that it doesn't work on this pc

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

What is bios? Im not really much into pc, so I don't know everything so good maybe you could explain it more detaily for a newbie?:D And I have my monitor connected to pc via VGA

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
I'm not sure, but I think it was the F8 button that you hold down when booting up your system to get into the BIOS. You can pretty much control everything about your PC in the BIOS, RAM speed, CPU clock speed, Fan Speed, Storage options, etc.

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Btw is it possible that it could be something with resolution? And is it possible to set it to auto?

makkem

Distinguished
Different motherboards use different methods to get into BIOS,try F5,F8,Del or esc until one works,turning the computer off between each try.
On the back panel of your PC where all the connections are there will be a place you can plug the monitor,also on a different plate will be the graphics card connections ,the motherboard panel will be vertical while the graphics panel will be horizontal wherever your monitor is plugged in see if you can move it to the other one,but try and get into the BIOS first.
Also you say you are using VGA to connect the monitor is that a VGA connector at both ends ?

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Yes VGA connection is from both sides, one going to monitor other to pc back and i tried doing all these f5, f8 nothing worked .. Idk what to do :/

furylure33

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Its a bit higher than usb ports, the VGA connection. I have no idea what to do I tried a lot of things, last thing im gonna try is to bring my computer back tomorrow where I bought it so they can check it out. :D Thanks for your help guys :)

TRENDING THREADS