"Power Schemes", in "Power Options Properties"

All but two of the "Power Schemes", in "Power Options Properties", on my
computer mysteriously disappeared. I have considerable time invested in
setting them up and would like to be able to transfer them from another
computer, can anyone tell me where the file is that stores these customized
"Power Scheme" settings? .........or how to make them reappear. They were
not deleted. I am the only user of the this PC.

James

James,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg]

You can transfer the Registry settings from another user profile.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message news:%23PArotH2EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
All but two of the "Power Schemes", in "Power Options Properties", on my
computer mysteriously disappeared. I have considerable time invested in
setting them up and would like to be able to transfer them from another
computer, can anyone tell me where the file is that stores these customized
"Power Scheme" settings? .........or how to make them reappear. They were
not deleted. I am the only user of the this PC.

James

I have since retyped the schemes and they won't stick i.e. WinXp won't hold
them or remember them.
Where do I go now?
James,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg]

You can transfer the Registry settings from another user profile.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
All but two of the "Power Schemes", in "Power Options Properties", on my
computer mysteriously disappeared. I have considerable time invested in
setting them up and would like to be able to transfer them from another
computer, can anyone tell me where the file is that stores these customized
"Power Scheme" settings? .........or how to make them reappear. They were
not deleted. I am the only user of the this PC.

James

Have you tried merging the REG contents from another machine / profile?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User