[SOLVED] power settings option

dawnofdusk

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
hi
https://prnt.sc/vx5b91
can someone explain whats the difference between ideal number of cores,single core and all possible cores,and what's that exactly.
default is ideal number of cores
also tell me which one is best for performance(not for power saving)

Solution
Install CPUIDs HWMonitor to see if all threads show up. If not,then you've probably damaged a core. If so, then it's likely just a software error and need not be of concern. Frankly, I don't understand why you're messing with these items.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Single Core: Everything runs off of a single core of your processor. Depending on what you're doing (checking e-mails, simple office work), this is likely the most power saving, Anything more than that and you're losing performance.
Ideal Number of Cores: I'm guessing here, but I think that just mean you let Windows decide for you. If you're doing simple stuff, it will only use the necessary processor cores. If you're doing more extensive work/gaming, then it will attempt to utilize the optimum number of cores for the tasks being worked.
All Possible Cores: Means just that. Nevermind the workload, just make sure all CPU cores are available.

If you use your system for more than browsing, e-mail, and simple office work (documents/PDFs), I would probably recommend:
On Battery: Ideal Number of Cores
Plugged In: All Possible Cores

-Wolf sends

dawnofdusk

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Single Core: Everything runs off of a single core of your processor. Depending on what you're doing (checking e-mails, simple office work), this is likely the most power saving, Anything more than that and you're losing performance.
Ideal Number of Cores: I'm guessing here, but I think that just mean you let Windows decide for you. If you're doing simple stuff, it will only use the necessary processor cores. If you're doing more extensive work/gaming, then it will attempt to utilize the optimum number of cores for the tasks being worked.
All Possible Cores: Means just that. Nevermind the workload, just make sure all CPU cores are available.

If you use your system for more than browsing, e-mail, and simple office work (documents/PDFs), I would probably recommend:
On Battery: Ideal Number of Cores
Plugged In: All Possible Cores

-Wolf sends
hi thanks for answering,also im interesting some stuff like https://prnt.sc/vt70e9
somehow i had 0,1,2 and 3. but now it shows only 0,1,2 i tried checking box in msconfig and uncheck as well
it's about threads but if it's like tha i have 2 cores with 4 threads,so where is my cpu 3
i posted about tha 2 times but still don't have answer

Wolfshadw

Titan
Install CPUIDs HWMonitor to see if all threads show up. If not,then you've probably damaged a core. If so, then it's likely just a software error and need not be of concern. Frankly, I don't understand why you're messing with these items.

-Wolf sends

Solution