• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Power source connector has a low clicking/static noise while plugged in

butanvlad

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with a laptop i just bought. It's an ASUS ROG G531GU, will post specs if required.

Basically, when plugged in, the area near the power source connector has a strange irregular static noise. On battery power this diminishes, but you can still barely hear it if you get close to the port.

Now, in BIOS, i am not able to hear anything and it seems to all be fixed (also the voltage and CPU temps are constant if that's somehow relevant).

My Windows also seems to be jumping whenever it wants from Balanced to High Performance, may this have anything to do with it?

Let me know if i need to provide any other details, and thanks for the help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS