Power spiking and a hot PSU cord.

Crewman87

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hello,

I had recently been troubleshooting my PC randomly restarting on it own. While I believe I found the cause to be power spikes (caused by the air conditioner kicking on and off) I have ran into another issue that I am unsure of and haven't had much luck in researching online.

I decided to try a battery backup unit and see if it stopped the power spiking, and it did seem to do the trick. However, I noticed while my computer is plugged into the backup unit, the PSU cord is getting warmer than usual. I don't have a laser thermometer but by feeling it was probably around 100 degrees. I would like to know if this can happen with backups and if this is safe to continue doing. If it is not, what do I need to do in order to use the backup unit?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well for one thing, it's an indication of your backup being less than than what the system requires from the unit. Can you please pass on the full system's specs including the battery backups input and output rating? It's also imperative that you get certified electrician to manage the wires and circuit breakers in your residence since an air conditioner tripping the main's can mean your power delivery to your house is compromised which for all intents and purposes should be refined if you'd like e a smooth computing experience.

Lutfij

Titan
Well for one thing, it's an indication of your backup being less than than what the system requires from the unit. Can you please pass on the full system's specs including the battery backups input and output rating? It's also imperative that you get certified electrician to manage the wires and circuit breakers in your residence since an air conditioner tripping the main's can mean your power delivery to your house is compromised which for all intents and purposes should be refined if you'd like e a smooth computing experience.

Solution