Sep 30, 2020
I have an old PC here that has problem with starting it up. The PC is connected to a Voltage Regulator, giving power to the PC and pressing the power button right after I power on the Regulator has no problem, the computer turns on normally. However, giving power to the PC and waiting for more than 5 seconds before pressing the power button results in a non-responsive computer (Long press of Power Button nor Restart works). This also happens when shutting down the computer, pressing the power button after the computer shuts down completely has no problem, it turns on right back. But pressing the power button after leaving it shut down for more than 5 seconds will not respond and the computer won't turn on. The only way to turn it on again, is to cut off the power in Power Supply (by turning off the Regulator) wait for it drain its power and turn the Regulator on then PC again.

I try to remove and replace almost all the components that go into the motherboard to isolate the problem, that includes:
✓ Replacing the Power Supply (First Suspect)
✓ Replacing/Removing the Graphics Card
✓ Replacing/Removing some of the SATA and IDE Cables
✓ Replacing the Computer Case (Buttons are included)
✓ Replacing CMOS Battery
✓Interchanging RAM placements

But none of these methods fix the problem. I tried searching from other forums but it seems that I can't find anyone having a similar case with me.

Full Specs of the Computer:
• H55M-E33 Motherboard
• Intel i5-750
• GeForce GTS 250
• SilverStone SST-ST50F-230 (500 Watts)
• Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD
• 2x G. Skill and 2x Corsair 1333Mhz (8gb Total)

Tried Replacement Parts:
• GTX 650, RX-580
• Cougar SL 600 (600 watts)
• SATA Cables
• 1TB HDD
• Pc Casing from my another computer (along with the buttons)

Quick Note: RAM slots are kinda hassle to work with in this PC, idk if it has problems either, whenever I interchange the RAM modules with their slots, the PC won't post boot (neither clearing the CMOS after I swap the RAM modules) unless I turn on the PC without RAM, then turning it off, clearing the CMOS, placing back the RAM modules, and doing that so will let me post boot.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? Try and power the system without the voltage regulator and then have it off a power strip. Often times static build up can prevent the system from powering up which might lead to a grounding issue in your crib or the room in which you're located.

Also, NEVER mix and match rams, that can be another reason for an unresponsive system. Either have all sticks of the same make and model or one kit. Try with either kits(alone and not mixed or matched).

Sep 30, 2020
Which BIOS version are you on at the moment?

I've recently updated my bios using the latest version that was released which is 1.10, but the power issue was already present prior upgrading the BIOS

Try and power the system without the voltage regulator and then have it off a power strip. Often times static build up can prevent the system from powering up which might lead to a grounding issue in your crib or the room in which you're located.

I've never thought of that actually, my Voltage Regulator is positioned below the whole desk setup, where my feet could reach, and also placed facing outwards near the wall of the room and it is very far from the bed. I've also cleaned my Desk recently along with the old PC (since I'm using it for a period of time due to the other PC being modified.) I forgot to mention, the other new PC that I have doesn't have the power issue problem, only this old PC has this. But I'll take note of what you said, and try hooking up the power supply directly on the wall instead of the Regulator

Also, NEVER mix and match rams, that can be another reason for an unresponsive system. Either have all sticks of the same make and model or one kit. Try with either kits(alone and not mixed or matched).

Actually the PC originally has only two RAM sticks which were the Corsair ones, and already has the RAM module problem that I mentioned below my post. The only reason I mixed and match it with the G.Skill ones because another old PC of mine has broken Motherboard (or CPU idk, I can't isolate it) and so I transfer those RAM to this PC since it was also DDR3 compatible. Yes I did tried to use just either both sticks alone or a single RAM stick inserted only (with every single stick) but the RAM module problem is still there.