power state failure

nitishaero

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I have three problem which are not frequent but keeps annoying me now & then…..
1. If I keep my Lenovo S405 (windows 8) idle for some time. My display goes black & it stops responding. With no other option left I have to forcefully push down to power button to shut down.
2. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it takes lot of time & after that a blue screen flashed on my screen having written on it
“ YOUR PC HAS RAN INTO A PROBLEM & NEEDS TO RESTART. WE ARE JUSTCOLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO, & THEN YOU CAN RESTART.(100% COMPLETE). IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE SEARCH ONLINE LATER :DRIVER_POWER STATE_FAILURE.”
With no option left again I have to push the power button & shut down my pc.
3. Sometimes my laptop takes a lot of time to shutdown. When I press the shutdown button my display goes black but my power & hard disk led light doesn’t turn off.
Again I have to push the power button & shut down my pc.

I have searched a lot of answer but none are satisfactory .Please help me with these problem for which I will remain thankful.
I have made no changes in my laptop but I have installed a lot of software cant say which one is causing problem. Please guide me treaing my computer skills as intermediate.

Solution
Hi,

Can you provide me the minidump file so that i can tell you which device driver is causing the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. However this error is mostly occurs due to any faulty hardware device, inappropriate or incompatible device drivers, etc. Meanwhile try to boot the computer with Windows 8 bootable DVD support to enable legacy boot menu from command prompt. This will help to boot Windows 8 in safe mode. For further help follow the link given below to resolve this issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1653253/fix-driver-power-state-failure-windows.html

Follow the step-by-step instruction given below to resolve the issues with Windows 8 shutdown.

1. Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account on...
Hi,

Can you provide me the minidump file so that i can tell you which device driver is causing the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. However this error is mostly occurs due to any faulty hardware device, inappropriate or incompatible device drivers, etc. Meanwhile try to boot the computer with Windows 8 bootable DVD support to enable legacy boot menu from command prompt. This will help to boot Windows 8 in safe mode. For further help follow the link given below to resolve this issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1653253/fix-driver-power-state-failure-windows.html

Follow the step-by-step instruction given below to resolve the issues with Windows 8 shutdown.

1. Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account on which Hybrid shutdown is to be disabled.
2. Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop screen.
3. Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
4. From the displayed options, click Settings.
5. On the Settings pane, click Control Panel.
6. On the opened Control Panel window, click System and Security.
7. On the System and Security window, click Power Options from the right pane.
8. On the Power Options window, click Choose what the power buttons do option from the left pane.
9. On the System Settings window, click Change settings that are currently unavailable link to enable the advanced options.
10. From the enabled options under Shutdown settings section, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown.
11. Click Save changes button to save the modified settings.
12. Close Power Options window when done.
Note: In order to re-enable the Hybrid Shutdown in Windows 8 computer follow steps 1 to 9. On the step 10, check the Turn on fast startup (recommended) checkbox and save the changes.

Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS