Question Power Supply 6 Pin to 8 Pin Molex

Aug 13, 2019
I have a 500-watt power supply with a 6 pin pcie connector. I want to run a GTX 1660 OC from factory, it requires 8 pin pcie connector. I purchased a molex 4 pin to 8 pin PCI converter cable (two molex connections that power the 8 pin pcie connector). I understand I will need to connect each molex on a different daisy chain to power the GPU. If I use this to power my GPU, can I use the same daisy chains that have sata connectors, to power a hard drive and cd drive? Or will that positively be too much load on each daisy chain?

I have a 500-watt power supply with a 6 pin pcie connector. I want to run a GTX 1660 OC from factory, it requires 8 pin pcie connector. I purchased a molex 4 pin to 8 pin PCI converter cable (two molex connections that power the 8 pin pcie connector). I understand I will need to connect each molex on a different daisy chain to power the GPU. If I use this to power my GPU, can I use the same daisy chains that have sata connectors, to power a hard drive and cd drive? Or will that positively be too much load on each daisy chain?

You need a new PSU.

Reactions: King_V

This is a horrible idea.

Get a proper PSU with the proper connectors.

Reactions: King_V