[SOLVED] Power Supply advice for a PC

Taga

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can advice me the compatible Power Supply Unit for the below PC System

MB: ASUS MAXIMUS XI Code
CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor
RAM: 32GB 3600MHZ Adata XPG Spectrix D80
VGA : Nvidia Asus Strix Gaming 11GB RTX 2080 TI
SOUND: Asus USB Xonar U7 MKII 7.1
HARD DRIVE: Kingston UV500 120GB
HARD DRIVE: Kingston UV500 240GB

Solution
750W is good, but quality of the power supply matters more. There are certain power supplies that are very good quality, and the EVGA G2 series is one of them. There are a vast amount of power supplies that are not very good quality. Or perhaps you want to know that you need a standard 24-pin ATX power supply.

In short,

Corsair TXm and RMx
EVGA G2 and G3
SeaSonic FOCUS and FOCUS Plus

these are the newer very good power supplies and are typically the best for the money. But their prices vary depending on which ones are on sale. I typically recommend whichever is cheapest at the time. TXm and FOCUS are semi-modular, so I try not to recommend them unless there simply isn't a good price on the others.

Taga

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
Hi,

Can I have a bit more clarification, are you saying a 750W power supply is all I need?, or are there other technical details and technical features to look for the PC System below?

750W is good, but quality of the power supply matters more. There are certain power supplies that are very good quality, and the EVGA G2 series is one of them. There are a vast amount of power supplies that are not very good quality. Or perhaps you want to know that you need a standard 24-pin ATX power supply.

In short,

Corsair TXm and RMx
EVGA G2 and G3
SeaSonic FOCUS and FOCUS Plus

these are the newer very good power supplies and are typically the best for the money. But their prices vary depending on which ones are on sale. I typically recommend whichever is cheapest at the time. TXm and FOCUS are semi-modular, so I try not to recommend them unless there simply isn't a good price on the others.

Solution