Dec 12, 2009
Ok so I'm building my system,

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W

2 5870's cross fire

8gb mushkin blackline

MSI f90 FX gd70 Mobo

standard 300 cg seagate barracuda HD

Standard dcd rw recordable drive

ram running at 1600 if i'll be able to at 1.9 which people claim they've had success(kindof an overclock but not really)

I've been recommended a couple power supplies by a smart member on here, I want to make sure the one I choose is overkill so that I can overclock in the future, I'm planning to try and get the processor to 3.8-4 and I probably wont mess with the clocks on the graphics cards.

Also in the future I was thinking of an attempt to use my old bfg 8800gtx as a physics card, I have read some info that this is possible with older drivers, just the fact that I might be able to do it justifies the overkill on power plus I might xfire in the future.

Here's the one I am heavily considering(as they were recommended by the veteran hehe)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011

Thanks a bunch in advance

P.S. I know the ram is high voltage but the timing seems comparably low for the price, granted my mobo (which is the only one that suits my needs)
if there is a better ram out there to run 8 gigs at 1600(or better?) with a comparable timing then any and all suggestions are welcome :D

gamedead

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I'm not sure, but i think it has 6 pci-e connectors, though it is better value for horsepower, thank you though now I know that I'm not paying too much or too little as funny as that sounds if something is really cheap then it's too good to be true ehehe

G

gamedead

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Does it have warranty? yeah it has those, I already ordered the corsair, but i accidently got two lmao, It's because i got the LAST 5970 card I wanted, well I wanted 2, the first time I ordered the wrong PSU and lost my cards :-[. I've been online for litteraly the whole weekend, newegg is the only place I ship due to the service, It's phenomanal