Power Supply Cable Connection

Aug 19, 2018
Hello,

I received all my parts from this build I made : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HdCWJ8

After struggling to put the Cryorig H7 (that doesnt work because its am3, and no mouting adapter coming, I did request 2 times, no answer back...) so I am using the stock cpu cooler since it fits my mb, with a bit of presure. (uptd: I received an email from Cryorig, should receive in the next 10 days, ill just have to take out the cooler, clean cpu & add cryorig right ?)

Now I am not able to do my cable connection for the power supply, PSI-E connected, Perephical connected, but the MOLEX/IDE/SATA i dont know what cable to use, I looked up on internet, they only show supperior models that doesnt have the same connection has me... (I did check the tutorial of Seasonic, but its not the same as mine, so cable are a bit different) I will try to add pictures so people can see and maybe help me if possible, but I guess I can't add picture from my computer here, since its only url...

Thank you very much

Solution
With that system and PSU, you'll need to use:
24pin ATX from the PSU to motherboard
4+4pin EPS to motherboard
1x6pin (6+2 physically, but you just leave "2" hanging) to the GPU
Either 1x SATA and connect the same ribbon to two drives, or 2x cables if you want to run them separately.

In addition, you need to connect the front panel connectors to the board (your manual will help with exactly 'where' for each) and SATA data cables from the drive(s) to the motherboard.
Aug 19, 2018

I checked all the papers I received, none explaining it., i just found that on internet : https://www.pcinside.info/inside/inside-power-supplies/power-supply-cables-connectors/

I guess tonight when im done at work i will try this way, because i only have 2 left spot to connect, but 4-5 cables...

I checked on seasonic and all that, no information that explain the connection, only words... i need images lol

Aug 19, 2018

Exactly bro, thank you very much!

That is exactly the one I have, I already have connected PCI-E & Pherephical, meaning I just need to add the 2 SATA cables?

Aug 19, 2018

Yeah it did confused me, and the tuto on youtube is not for my model.. its my first build so I really dont know how to plug this... I wasted maybe 3 hours trying to understand what is what.. (i only have a pc at work so easier to navigate and search here that on my iphone lol)

May you have a guide I can follow ? something.. thank you!

Aug 19, 2018

It brings me to google on how to build a pc, i did look that video of that guy but diff. power supply ^^ i guess i will need to keep looking and hope everything goes well lol

Aug 19, 2018

Yeah .. my only problem is what i dont know what to connect and what not to do but thanks for your help,, ill keep searching :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
With that system and PSU, you'll need to use:
24pin ATX from the PSU to motherboard
4+4pin EPS to motherboard
1x6pin (6+2 physically, but you just leave "2" hanging) to the GPU
Either 1x SATA and connect the same ribbon to two drives, or 2x cables if you want to run them separately.

In addition, you need to connect the front panel connectors to the board (your manual will help with exactly 'where' for each) and SATA data cables from the drive(s) to the motherboard.

Solution