Question Power supply cable for GeForce gtx 1070

Jul 11, 2019
Is my power supply enough to run the graphics card? If so what cable do I need ? The power supply is a thermaltake smart series 750w. My computer doesn’t recognize the video card with the cables currently connected to it. The mother board it an ASUS Prime X470-Pro. Any help would be great.

Which video card are you trying to recognize?

As far as your PSU being able to run a graphics card. A 750 watt PSU should be able to run the vast majority of graphics cards.

Different graphics cards take different plugs from the PSU. Some take none. Some take a 6 in plug. Some take an 8 pin plug. Some take a 6 and an 8 pin....and I think that some might take two 8 pins but I don't recall.

Jul 11, 2019
Which video card are you trying to recognize?

As far as your PSU being able to run a graphics card. A 750 watt PSU should be able to run the vast majority of graphics cards.

Different graphics cards take different plugs from the PSU. Some take none. Some take a 6 in plug. Some take an 8 pin plug. Some take a 6 and an 8 pin....and I think that some might take two 8 pins but I don't recall.

The video card is a GeForce GTX 1070

Jul 11, 2019
Te 8 pin goes into the graphics card itself? I have my coworker who build the pc for me trying to help but we cant figure out why my computer doesn't recognize the graphics card. He has it set up with the 6+2 pin in the card itself and the 8 pin going into the power supply.

Jul 11, 2019
Do you have the 6+2-Pin Power cable connected from the power supply to the graphics card?

-Wolf sends
It has the 8 pin going into the power supply. Which i think is wrong. The 6+2 is going into the graphics card. I know the book that came with the card says 8 pin to the card but i cant find a cable with the correct connectors.