[SOLVED] Power Supply Cable Help

Jackie23

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
I have a motherboard cpu gpu and ram. I am getting the power supply and drive soon, but there are no cables yet with my current parts. I simply want to know if all the cables I am going to need will come with my power supply, or if I will need to get some other cables.

Solution
If your drive is a m.2 device, it needs no cables; it just plugs into a motherboard slot.
If you are going to use a 2.5" sata drive, you will need a sata data cable. A couple usually comes with your motherboard.
Any current psu will have sufficient sata power connectors.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
If the power supply is brand new, it should come with the cables. As long as its a current model and not a mini/low profile/micro or special version of one, it will have the bare minimum for your basic components

PS. If the power supply is not modular, IE the cables are not detachable, it HAS to come with them :)

If your drive is a m.2 device, it needs no cables; it just plugs into a motherboard slot.
If you are going to use a 2.5" sata drive, you will need a sata data cable. A couple usually comes with your motherboard.
Any current psu will have sufficient sata power connectors.

Solution